John plays “In John Fahey There is no East or West” on this very first recorded collection of just harp guitarists. The very best pieces by the most outstanding players are included here. This is a fine introduction to the world of harp guitar today. John co-produced the album with Gregg Miner and Stephen Bennett. John’s piece is a dedication to his long standing friend John Fahey who lived near John and had recently passed away. John Fahey’s signature tune was an old hymn “In Christ There Is No East or West.” John Doan wrote this tribute while sitting at his final resting place reminiscing about Fahey’s genius and his humanity.
Please check out the other samplers featuring John Doan and other artists from his Sampler Releases:
- Celtic Twilight Vol. 1
- Celtic Twilight Vol. 2
- Celtic Twilight Vol. 4
- Celtic Twilight Vol. 5
- Christmas Past
- Christmas Present
- Harp Guitar Dreams
John Doan Music
If you like this album, why not add another John Doan album to your collection:
- A Celtic Pilgrimage - John's Only Solo Harp Guitar Recording
- Departures - The First Ever Harp Guitar Recording.
- Eire - Isle of the Saints - Voted "Best Celtic Album of the Year"
- Harp Guitars Under the Stars - The First Duet Harp Guitar Recording.
- Homage to Sor - Recorded on First Panormo Guitar
- Remembrance - Melodies from a Forgotten Era
- The Lost Music of Fernando Sor - First Ever Recording for Harpolyre
- Wayfarer - Nominated "Best Celtic Album of the Year"
- Wrapped In White - "Editors Choice" Billboard Magazine
John Doan offers Sheet Music for guitar and harp guitar for many of his albums.
DVDs with John Doan
The following DVDs are available for sale featuring John Doan.
- A Celtic Pilgrimage - A Visual and Musical Journey to "Thin Places"
- In Search of the Harp Guitar - It's History, Makers, and Players
- Primal Twang - A Virtual "Who's Who" of the Guitar World
- Victorian Christmas - Emmy Nominated "Best Entertainment Special of the Year"